Whether you are a keen athlete or simply like to maintain a good level of exercise, here are 5 Top Tips to getting the most out of your body this season.
1. Keep hydrated
When training, remembering your water bottle should be just as important as remembering your trainers.
Dehydration has a negative effect on your sporting performance and is often caused due to excessive sweating and inadequate fluid intake. Therefore, drinking water at regular intervals is vital.
2. Keep yourself fit to exercise
Exercising smart is key to preventing injury. Pushing yourself to your limits has both positive and negative effects. Therefore, is it important to take the following into consideration:
- When increasing the amount of time you train, do it gradually
- Always warm-up (for 10-15 mins) before exercising and stretch (for 10–15 mins) afterward
3. Eat healthily
It is important that you eat the right amount of calories for your activity levels. The average calorie intake for men should be 2500 and 2000 for women. However, when exercising, your body may need to consume more.
Choosing the right diet during training is also important so try cutting down on saturated fats, sugar, and salt, alongside eating your 5 a day of fruit and veg.
4. Treat knocks and niggles sensibly
When training, it is common to get the odd niggle, nevertheless it should be treated correctly from the outset. If you are injured and have immediate swelling or feel unsure about the nature of your injury then please don’t hesitate to contact us. In the meantime, here is some self-treatment advice:
- Ice and elevate
- Seek advice if you feel unsure or worried that your injury may get worse
5. Look after yourself with a Massage
Massage has many benefits such as:
- Faster recovery from injury
- Relief from muscle tension and tightness
- Improvement of sporting performance
- Reduction of stress levels
- Increased energy levels
- Leaving you feeling invigorated
Book your massage today by calling 01380 730473 to get you one step closer to being fit for exercise this coming season.