How To Get The Most Out Of Your Hatt Pilates Membership
At Hatt’s, we feel passionately about you attending regular classes and getting all the benefits of prioritising your movement and health, so our classes run all year round excluding bank holidays and a two week period over the Christmas and New Year break.
Here is some more useful information about the Hatt Pilates Class Membership:
Make Up* Options for members:
We understand that you have holidays to book and things come up that are unexpected, and we will always try our best to accommodate this. We also want you to get the maximum benefit from Pilates and be able to attend regularly and not miss classes.
Our Make up* option enables you to move your class to another class so you don’t miss the benefit of attending. We have set out clear guidelines for this below so that we are able to help you manage these occasions with ease, and so that there is no confusion as to what we are able to accommodate.
How it works:
- A Make up* can be requested from 2 weeks before the class you cannot attend, up until 24 hours before the class. If less than 24 hours notice we cannot accommodate a Make up*
- The Make up* class can be booked anytime within the 2 weeks prior to, or the 2 weeks after, the class that you cannot attend (a 4 week window in total)
- If you can’t make your normal class on 15th September, you can let us know anytime from 1st September up until 24 hours before your class time on the 15th that you wish to arrange a Make up*. This can then be booked anytime from 1st September until 29th September (a 4 week window in total)
- We can’t promise an exact day/time that may be your preference, but there will be class availability within the period for you to attend
- You must book the Make up* class at the same time that you cancel your normal class so please have your diary available when you call in. We are not able to retrospectively arrange Make up* classes once we have spoken with you to confirm the cancellation, and Make up* classes cannot be moved once they are booked in. So if you know you are going on holiday give us a call 2 weeks before, and either take your Make up* class before you go OR book it in for your return
Booking and cancellations for Members on flexible credits
- You can book as many classes as you like up to 2 weeks ahead
- 24 hours notice is required to cancel a class otherwise it will use up one of your credits
- Flexible membership credits expire at the end of each calendar month
- Additional paid blocks of class credits do not expire
Monthly direct debit
- The monthly cost of each membership is calculated by spreading the membership cost evenly across a 12 month period
- Direct debits are taken on the 24th of each month to cover the fees for the following month. Eg a direct debit on 24th April is for May’s attendance
- You may need to make an initial payment when you sign up, depending on your membership start date
- The free annual movement screen is subject to 12 months of continuous membership, and can then be used at any time thereafter. Our Gold Standard recommendation is for you to have a screen at least every 6 months and your instructor will advise you when these are most effective for you
- We require just one full calendar months notice to cancel
Here are some of our most commonly asked questions:
Can I have a 121 membership AND a Class membership?
Yes, no problem. You will receive a 5% discount on each membership and will have just one monthly direct debit set up for this.
Can you give more detail on how the Make up* process and Make up* class credits work?
A Make up* can be requested from 4 weeks before the class you cannot attend, up until 24 hours before
the class. If less than 24 hours notice we cannot accommodate a Make up*.
At the time you call, you can book the Make up* class up to 4 weeks ahead in the diary. This 4 week period is from the date you call, not the date of the class you cannot attend eg. If you can’t attend your normal class on 30th September you can let us know anytime from 2nd September up until 24 hours before your class time.
If you called on the 2nd September then you can book the Make up* class ahead with us in the diary between the 2nd and the 30th September (a 4 week window) OR if for the same class you called later on the 12th September then you can book it between 12th September and the 10th October (a 4 week window).
If you cannot find a suitable option when you speak to us then we can apply a Make up*class credit to your account for you to use in the future when it is convenient.
To use it you simply need to call us up, check class availability over the next 4 weeks, and book it in.
Make up* classes and credits cannot be moved again once they are booked in.
Make up* class credits have no cash value and expire upon cancellation of your membership.
If less than 24 hours notice we cannot accommodate a Make up* OR issue a Make up* class credit, as it does not give us enough time to offer the space to other members.
What happens if my regular in-clinic class falls on a Bank Holiday?
If this occurs on one of the 5 remaining Bank Holidays (the 3 at Xmas and New Year are already excluded due to the annual break) then you can choose to:-
1.Call us to arrange a Make up* in the usual way
2.On the day of the class we will automatically apply a Make up* class credit onto your account for you to use in the future.
Why can’t I give more than 4 weeks notice to arrange a Make up* class?
This is to avoid ‘blocking’ available membership slots so that new patients have the opportunity to start a Pilates membership and be able to book their desired regular class.
Why can’t I move my Make up* class once it is booked in?
This is due to the extra costs of ongoing booking administration. Our monthly membership fees are set with this service level in mind.
What if I realise at the weekend that I cannot make my Monday class, how do I give notice of this?
We have an answer machine that is available over the weekend. Your time of call is logged and as long as we have the required 24 hours notice then we will call you back to see if you want to arrange a Make up* class.
It is helpful to have as much notice as possible as this opens up more class spaces for other members.
What happens if I join part way through a month?
You are welcome to join at any time. If you join before your first direct debit is due our team will take an interim payment which will enable you to start right away.
Can I do two or more classes per week?
Yes, absolutely! If you would like to book 2 or more guaranteed spaces each week, you can purchase multiple memberships and benefit from a 5% discount which will be applied to your direct debit. Alternatively, you can purchase additional class credits to use at a time that suits you.
Does the 1:1 Membership have guaranteed and flexible options?
Not in the same way as the class membership, however, you can book your sessions as far ahead in the diary as you wish. If you would like the same time and day most weeks then we recommend pre-booking well ahead with our Patient Services team.
What is the cost of a discounted 1:1?
Additional Pilates 1:1’s and additional Pilates Movement Screens are discounted for members by 20% of our normal fees.
What can my 10% Hatt Clinic discount be used for?
This discount can be used for ALL non-Pilates services and products at the clinic with just 1 exception which is a Quickstart (as these are significantly discounted already). It cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offers or discounts and is only for your personal use.
*All the additional discounts you receive as a Hatt Pilates member are valid whilst you maintain your active Hatt Pilates membership
When is the Christmas and New Year break?
This encompasses a 2 week period around the Xmas and New Year Bank Holidays. Specific dates will be shared with you each year.
What happens if my class is cancelled due to instructor unavailability?
We will always do our best to have the class covered by another clinician in the first instance. However, if this is not possible, we would offer to book you a Make up* class (to be booked in up to 4 weeks following this cancellation), or give you the option of a Make up* class Credit.
What happens if the clinic is closed due to extreme weather or unforseen circumstances
Fortunately, these scenarios are really quite rare. Again for any missed classes due to this, we would offer to book you a Make up* class (to be booked in up to 4 weeks following this cancellation), or give you the option of a Make up* class credit.
When do I receive my free movement screen?
The free annual movement screen is subject to 12 months of continuous membership, and can then be used at any time thereafter. Our Gold Standard recommendation is for you to have a screen at least every 6 months and your instructor will advise you when these are most effective for you.
Can I swap my free Pilates annual movement screen for a different screening appointment or service at the clinic?
This appointment benefit is specifically related to your Pilates membership and is not transferrable or refundable.
Does the free Pilates annual movement screen have to be completed by a Pilates instructor?
Yes. It is important that the Pilates team are involved in your ongoing analysis and ideally we always recommend you book this with the instructor you see most often.
Will my direct debit monthly fee change at any time?
We review our fees intermittently and will always give you more than 1 months notice of any changes.
When can I use my additional class credits?
You can use these whenever you like and can book them up to 4 weeks ahead from when you call us. However, all types of Pilates class credits expire upon termination of your membership.
How do I cancel my membership?
We need one full calendar month’s notice for this and you can simply let us know by phone or email. Please don’t cancel your direct debit until you have spoken to our team.
i.e. If you want to stop attending in May then please let us know on or before the 1st April. If you don’t give the agreed notice then a month’s membership fee will become chargeable.
If I cancel my membership can I rejoin?
Yes of course. However please be aware that you may not be able to get the same class day and time that you had before. Additionally, a £70 rejoining fee will be payable if you cancel and rejoin within a 3 month period.
If you have any further questions about Pilates at Hatt’s or would like to get started, please speak with a
member of our team at reception or call us on 01380 730473.