July 13, 2017
Swift verruca treatment explained
November 02, 2017
If you suffer from persistent verrucas or know someone who does, then the Swift Microwave Verruca treatment could be the solution you have been waiting for.
What are verrucas?
Verrucas are plantar warts commonly found on the foot caused by strains of the human papillomavirus infecting the outer layer of the skin. They can appear on any aspect of the foot but usually present on the weight-bearing surfaces.
Visual representation of skin with Verrucas
Visual representation of skin without Verrucas
What are the symptoms of verrucas?
Initially, verrucae can present as a small whitey pink bump but in the later stages, they often have a rough cauliflower-like appearance with central black dots. Verrucae can develop as one singular wart or multiple tightly packed individual warts. If the verrucae forms on a weight-bearing surface such as the heel it will usually protrude into the skin may acquire an overlying spongy callus and can be painful when walking. If it develops on a non-weight-bearing surface such as the side of a toe, it will protrude outwards and might not cause any pain unless squeezed.
The solution – Swift microwave technology
- The success rate is approximately 84%
- Involves the application of microwave therapy to the verrucae
- Minimal discomfort and noninvasive treatment
- No need to rest after treatment and no post-treatment dressings required
- Requires up to 4 treatment sessions
Your treatment package includes:
- Up to 4 weekly treatment sessions
- Follow-up review 8 weeks after last treatment session
- Further follow-up review 8 weeks later
If you suspect you have verrucas, book in to see one of our Podiatrists who can confirm a diagnosis and create an individualised treatment plan for you.
September 14, 2017
June 29, 2017